Content Area Teachers
Part Time language
Part Time art or music
Science (Living Environment)
Please send NYS certification or reciprocal with a resume and letter of interest to Lisa DiGaudio at
Careers at New Dawn II
We are hiring!
Be a part of something greater than you as a founding staff member on our team.
If you are up for a challenge and one of the most rewarding jobs in education, New Dawn Charter High School II may be the place for you. As a transfer school, we serve some of the most at-risk students in NYC those who are over-aged and under-credited. We invite people to apply who are motivated by a challenge and are capable of navigating some of the most challenging learning and instructional issues in the City. If you believe that an equitable education is a human rights issue and that all students deserve a high-quality education, regardless of their learning or social/emotional issues, then this may be the place for you.
Ways in which we are different from traditional schools and benefits:
• You will work with some of the most interesting and deserving students in NYC—those who have been left behind, for a variety of reasons, by more traditional organizations;
• Every day will provide not only challenges but opportunities to reach students and leave you with the knowledge that you have in fact made a difference in someone's life;
• Ongoing daily support for you and unlimited opportunities for professional development;
• A principal who not only teaches a class and allows all teachers to observe while she models behaviors but will come to your class and support you in achieving your individual goals for personal growth;
• Peer Committees made up of teachers who visit each other's classrooms and make suggestions to each other with no administrative input;
• Professional Learning Communities who address school-wide issues;
• A very strong support staff who understand that the point of the school is to provide opportunities to students and that their job is to support this goal;
• A supportive Board of Trustees who understand the challenges of working in a transfer school; and
• Teachers serve on every committee in the school as they are developed;
• We are a full year school running on from September through June and then July through mid-August;
• Summer session is only a half day but is necessary for our students to graduate;
• We work from 9 to 5 September through June with an hour at the end of the day for professional development and addressing school-wide issues;
• Instruction is informed by actual data collected by teachers in the classroom and analyzed through the PerfPlus Programs;
• Teachers and staff participate in Instructional Rounds with other schools, this is done by visiting schools, conducting classroom observations and developing problems of practice that impact us all;
• Opportunities to become trained and certified in the Danielson Classroom Observation Rubric; and
• Access to professional developers from TERC Using Data, Danielson, NTN, PCGUS., among others.
Benefits we offer to all staff:
• Competitive salaries;
• A 403B plan for retirement;
• Health, dental, and vision insurance;
• We support staff who wish to learn and develop their own charter applications;
• Opportunities for developing leadership within the school;
• Connecting staff to outside consultants who may be able to help you move your career in the direction you have chosen; and
• A community where you will be heard.
Just like our students, we welcome teachers who do not necessarily fit into a traditional model, are beginning their careers, or who have retired--as long as they are willing to work as a team for the betterment of the students.
We are always looking for new talent. Please send cover letters and resumes to , and we will contact candidates who meet eligibility critera.
Certified Teaching Positions Available for 2020-2021:
High School Special Education - All Content Areas
High School Social Studies Teacher- US History
Please send cover letters and resumes to
or use the form below to apply: