This is a reminder of the policies regarding COVID safety at NDCHS II. Our first and best defense at the school is our temperature checks, health screening, and mask requirements to enter the building. Student must be wearing a mask to enter, must submit to a temperature check, and complete a daily survey regarding their exposure to COVID / if they are symptomatic themselves.
In the event that you or your student has been exposed to COVID outside of school or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID - they should not be sent to school. Please notify your / your student's mentor or any other New Dawn staff and proceed to schedule a PCR COVID test. Students who have been symptomatic must quarantine and return with a negative PCR test to enter the school again.
For the 2021-22 school year there is no remote learning option available. As such your student should contact their teachers via Jupiter in order to request make-up work during their absence from school or complete it upon their return as with any other absence.
We are excited to invite everyone back this week to begin our Spring 2022 semester. Scheduling and enrollment for the semester will begin this week on Wednesday 2/2. The building will be closed on Monday 1/31 for staff PD and on Tuesday 2/1 for Lunar New Year.
Scheduling will proceed as follows for the week:
Wednesday 2/2 B/C Week Academics, No A-week Internship
9:00-12:00pm – Scheduling / Testing for B/C week students last names A-G 1:00-3:00pm – Scheduling / Testing for B/C week students last names H-Z
Thursday 2/3 9:00-12:00pm – Scheduling / Testing for A week students last names A-G 1:00-3:00pm – Scheduling / Testing for A week students last names H-Z
Friday 2/4 9:00 – 12:00pm – Scheduling Make-ups - ALL UNSCHEDULED STUDENTS WELCOME
This week will be an academic week for B-week students and due to the scheduling team taking the cafeteria space there will be no A-week internship. Please arrive during your scheduled time as you will be meeting with our schedulers personally to design your schedule. We will take students on a first come basis on each day scheduling is happening. Please be prepared to remain at school for the entire school day once you have arrived as classes will begin Wednesday.
Please be sure to follow all covid guidelines when entering and in the building so that we can keep everyone safe and in-person instruction operating smoothly for Spring 2022. We are excited to have everyone back and begin anew for Spring! Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns otherwise we will see you this week!
Thank you, Mr. Flory
New Dawn Charter High School II
11/15 Update from Mr. Flory
Zach Flory Good Afternoon Everyone,
Just a reminder that parent teacher conferences will happen tomorrow between 1:30-6:00 both at the building and virtually. Students will be dismissed from school following 4th period.
Teachers have established links to sign up for times to meet virtually. These have gone out but if you are still looking to set a time or are having difficulties - please message either me or the teacher via Jupiter or email.
If you are coming in person we are happy to invite you in to see the building and meet with teachers as well. You will receive your students report card and teacher room assignments upon entry at the building.
Coming up next week, school will be closed Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. On Wednesday, 11/24, we will have a half day of school and will have a Thanksgiving meal for students in A, B, and C week at lunch time before students leave.
Have a great day and we hope to see you tomorrow!
Thanks, Mr. Flory
New Dawn Charter High School II
1. This week is B/C class week and A week internship. B/C week students are expected to arrive by 10 AM at the latest. A week internship is expected to arrive by 9:30 at the latest. If you are running late, please reach out to Mr. Pressoir, Mr. Flory, or your mentor.
2. Tomorrow November 2nd the building will be closed to students and staff. Staff will be participating in a PD and there will be assignments posted to students' Jupiter accounts which will be graded so all students should be logging in tomorrow and completing those tasks.
3. The school will be closed for Holidays on November 11th for Veteran's day and November 25-26 for Thanksgiving.
4. The first quarter will conclude on Friday, November 12th and all grades for the quarter should be submitted before 12pm on that date. Please talk to your teachers and ask about what you may be missing and how you can get your grade up before then. Classes will continue as scheduled for the 2nd quarter which will run through January at which point students in Regents identified classes will be taking Regents exams with the exception of the US Regents which has been cancelled for the January 2022 Regents Period.
5. On November 16th, we will be holding parent teacher conferences at the building and on Zoom. Please stay tuned as that date approaches for additional details regarding links and times.